CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Guest Post with Dew Pellucid, author of The Sound and the Echoes

Author: Dew Pellucid
Release Date: July 25, 2012
Publisher: Self-published/Createspace
Genre: Fantasy/Young Adult


Synopsis from Goodreads

Imagine that everyone around you has a mirror image living somewhere else. Your world is like a sound, which produced that other world of echoes. And in this land men are governed by a terrible law--every Echo has to die, if his Sound dies.

One Sound especially must die. The Prince's Sound. The Fate Sealers and Fortune Tellers will make sure of that! Because after this Sound dies, the Echo Prince will have to die too.

Now, twelve-year-old Will Cleary is about to discover that he is the Sound the Echoes are hunting.

And so begins his perilous adventure into a see-through, sparkling world, filled with spying crystal balls, an eerie fortress of castaway children, a hunt for clues in an ancient book of riddles, and a last-chance escape through a frozen gem-studded lake into a secret land that holds the key to placing the Prince on the throne and returning freedom to the Echoes.
 
 
Buy here:
 
 
*********************************************
 

Character Interview with Auralius

From “The Sound & The Echoes


Every child at “The Orphanage of Castaway Children” had someone try to kill them. What makes your story unique?
If you can’t tell by looking at me, I don’t see the point in continuing this conversation. When was the last time you saw a face flickering on and off? My father sold me to the Fate Sealers to save his own skin. He broke my mother’s heart. By Fortune’s Darkness, I’d say that makes my story unique.
But the way you look… I mean, apart from your sporadic invisibility… didn’t girls fall over themselves to save you?
If you came here to prove that people are far too obsessed with appearances, you’re doing great. Can we change the subject?
Absolutely. Tell me about your aunt?
Who?
You used to live in your aunt’s chamber, right?
The Ant Chamber! Named for obvious reasons. More a prison than a cave. I had spiders to keep me company too. And constant rain.
How did you end up like that?
I grew up in the palace, learning the art of chicanery first hand. Powerful people always plotted against my family. I expected that. Then my father stabbed me in the back. That I didn’t expect.
But… actually… it didn’t happen the way you thought, did it?
How do you…? No! Life is full of surprises, right? Mostly, nasty ones. But sometimes Fortune takes a detour. It happened to me. I found my separate heaven. And I didn’t even have to die for it.
But was it really Fortune that did it? I mean, so many readers love you best in the story for a reason. You took charge of your own fate and fought for every inch of freedom you gained.
I… yes. Okay, yes, I… Thank you.
Is that an Echo blush? I never saw anyone’s face doing that!
Is that a question?
Just an observation. So is there a happily-ever-after for you in the story?
Dew Pellucid is a sucker for happy endings. He seems to think that heroes should always win, otherwise what’s the point in watching them struggle? Of course, that’s great in stories. Life is another matter.
Are you saying your story didn’t actually happen?
So the old fool convinced you too. Okay, yes it happened. But in the Echo realm. And what degree of reality it falls under is up to you to decide on.
Okay, so one final question, and if you can be a little less cryptic…
Yes…
What’s your favorite color?
Blue. Because it’s the color of my happiness. My first real friend has blue eyes. And we live on a river bank with water so blue it looks like melted sapphires. Our roof looks blue too, because the ice singles were made from a Norwegian fjord. We have bluebells growing in the garden and a blue gate. Ask a simple question and I’ll gladly answer. Too bad we’re out of time.

Where to Find “The Sound and the Echoes”

Book Website: http://TheSoundAndTheEchoes.com
Book Facebook Page: http://on.fb.me/Mj1WcT
GoodReads Page: http://bit.ly/Ox6hM0
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/Py98cV
 
 
********************************************* 
 
About Dew Pellucid
 
Dew Pellucid first started writing books so he might have something new to read. Indeed, of the million books at the Orphanage of Castaway Children, there isn't one his watery eyes had not perused; this taking place in less than a decade.

But now, as this old Echo draws near his one-hundredth birthday, his hunt for a good story is only rivaled by his everlasting quest after Cold Fire Mushrooms. For it was as he scrapped the bottom of his crystal ball mushroom container that Dew Pellucid first heard of Fredrick Fingeldy.

Then strange events began to happen in his beloved library. And watching faithfully down every corridor, every garden path, Dew Pellucid witnessed a wonderful story, happening there, right before his eyes (his many Eyes). And, best of all, even he had a part to play in the unfolding tale, which he set down at last in the pages of a book.

P.S.
For those of you wondering about the dry, old facts behind Dew Pellucid, you should be aware that he is nothing more than a pen name creation, the figment of one Tal Boldo, a writer, a woman, and a lover of books (the latter being the only thing she actually shares in common with Mr. Pellucid).

So why didn't Ms. Boldo settle for a standard pen name like a normal author would? Because creating a whole person was so much more fun. And creating someone as unlike herself as could be was more fun still. Plus, there was a hidden reason in the story. But to know what that is, you'll have to read "The Sound & The Echoes" for yourself.
 

Follow Dew Pellucid here:  
Blog  |  Facebook  |  Goodreads  |  Google+  |  Pinterest  |  Shelfari  |  Website


********************************************* 

GIVEAWAY TIME!!!

One lucky commenter will win a signed illustration from Dew Pellucid. Check out the site for the book here: http://thesoundandtheechoes.com/default.html. And also check out his Pinterest for more beautiful work here: http://pinterest.com/dewpellucid/.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D