CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Interview with Blue Remy, author of From Hel, With Love


Author: Blue Remy

Series: The XIII Hour

Number in Series:1

Release Date: May 2, 2013

Publisher: Sapphire Star Publishing

Genre: Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy


Synopsis from Goodreads


Hel hath no fury like her Raven scorned…

Fallen Valkyrie Legionnaire, Raven Aquilus, has always known she was an outcast to her kind. Stuck in New Orleans as the Protectress of the Nine Gates of Yggdrasil, she lives as close to the edge as her family will allow. One fateful night would change it all – Someone ritualistically slaughtered a guardian in one of her Gates, leaving Raven lying in a pool of blood. Ordered to find the killer before she dies along with her precious guardians, Raven is placed in a race against time, being forced to enlist in the help of a Human FBI paranormal agent. Together they must stop the serial murders before an ancient war reignites – and Raven loses everything, including a new found love, all to a jealous half-breed …

Welcome the XIII Hour™ series. Betrayal, Lust, Love, Murder, Jealousy and Revenge. The faery-tales that your mother never told you about just came true.
 
 
Buy here 


*********************************************


OBVB: Welcome to Offbeat Vagabond, Blue! To get the ball rolling, can you tell us a little bit about yourself?  

BR: Not too sure what to tell. I’ve never been good talking about myself. Let’s see … My name is Blue, I like long walks on the beach, romantic dinners by candle light … yeah, so not me lol I’m a tomboy, I love guns, bikes and heavy metal.



OBVB: When did you catch the writer bug? 

BR: I’ve been writing since I can remember which would be the first grade. It really took shape when I was in high school.



OBVB: What first attracted you Paranormal Romance? 

BR: I’m not exactly your normal average everyday girl. I tend to like the things that go bump in the night, so that genre was my cup of tea.



OBVB: I read you are a part of the Paranormal Romance Guild. What does the Guild do when they get together?  

BR: I haven’t got to meet any of my Guild brothers and sisters yet, which I am bummed about. There is a plan for us to attend the Ann Rice Vampire Ball and UnDead Con this year, which marks her 25th Anniversary, and I totally will be there.



OBVB: What authors influenced you when growing? Who is on your nightstand right now?  

BR: I grew up with Koontz and King. They were a great influence. Then I found Hamilton, then dove into Kenyon and Ward. I’m not allowed to have a book on my nightstand right now. I’d never sleep (not like I do anyway). I can say Koontz is in my book bag though.



OBVB: You said your grandmother introduced you to the world of paranormal through scary stories. What story was your favorite?  

BR: Little Red Cap and Cindersoot.



OBVB: From Hel, With Love is your first novel, right? Can you tell us what the book is about?  

BR: Yes, it is. It’s so hard to explain what it is about, because though it falls into the ParaRomance genre, it also slips into thriller, suspense, dark fantasy … It’s just the foundation for a HUGE series and barely touches the surface of exactly who the characters are. A fallen valkyrie has been commissioned to guard the Gates of the Yggdrasil, and her guardians are brutally murdered. She is sent with her motley crew, to California to discover why they are being murdered, as she is slowly dying herself with each killing. There she meets a human who stirs up emotions that she shouldn’t be having. He must help her solve the murders before she dies. Meanwhile, you meet a various ensemble of characters that you will get to personally know in the following books, as well as learn some history of the Norse mythology.



OBVB: What was the most challenging thing you had to face when writing your book?  

BR: Years of research, then stomaching your first set of edits.



OBVB: How did you celebrate when your work was published? 

BR: I’ll be at work.



OBVB: I love your characters especially Raven. What was your influence in creating them the way you did? Do you have any muses for your characters? 

BR: Raven is me in a nutshell. She was created twenty years ago on a DnD board, and she grew to become a part of me. Every character needs their own quirks, personality, something that makes them real. I try and do that with them. Bruce Willis is my muse for Duncan (and my hubs).



OBVB: Were there any character more challenging to write than others?  

BR: I have a very difficult time with Annabel and Valentino. I don’t do naivety well. She is so pure and so innocent and naïve that I have a challenge with her. Valentino? He’s a sex God … lol Seriously, he is so … emotionally unstable, so proper and yet so darn vicious. I spent months researching his character history and writing it out making sure there were no flaws, and I know him like the back of my hand, but at times, he is just so depressing, I want to kill him off, but just can’t do it… He needs someone special to heal him.



OBVB: If you could be any supernatural creature, what would it be and why?  

BR: Werecat or Valkyrie. I love the world I created for my lycans and I love cats, especially cougars, so it’d be fitting. I say a Valkyrie because I would love to honor the fallen warriors, our hero’s, by taking their hand and lead them to Valhalla and give thanks for their sacrifice and bravery.



OBVB: If you can write any book outside your genre, what would it be and why? 

BR: I am actually working on a series outside my genre that is a romance, suspense, thriller … where the bad guys win, but in a good way. I like throwing people of and making them have a “WTF just happened!?” reaction and want more.



OBVB: Is there anything you must have or do when you are writing?  

BR: When writing The XIII Hour™, I have to have horror movies playing, unless it’s a scene that I chose to write to a certain song. Then it’s on repeat and earbuds are in. Then there must be an endless supply of coffee available.



OBVB: I read that when you are not writing, you go on ghost hunts. What does that entail and have you made any exciting discoveries? 

BR: I am a paranormal junkie. I have certain talents, and it revolves around spirits. I like to go to places that have legends around them and test out the waters to see if it is what people say it is. I have managed to communicate with ghosts on several occasions, and have made believers out of people that had doubts about that sort of thing.



OBVB: Last but not least, are there any other projects you are working on? Any updates on the sequel? 

BR: I am currently working on book two in the series, starring Tarr & Fether, though trust me, the fiery relationship between Raven and Duncan is far from over. I am also working on finishing the first book in my Twisted series, titled Twisted Steel.



OBVB: Thank you so much for visiting Offbeat Vagabond, Blue. Hope to have you here again.  

BR: Thank you for having me! I would love to come back and chat. Maybe next time I can drag along Raven!


*********************************************

Blue Remy Bio

Native of Santa Maria, CA, Blue Remy is the author of The XIII Hour™ Series, and the raw, gritty series Twisted In Love. When she’s not writing, Blue lives to ghost hunt whenever she can, which tends to help her imagination and outrageous character ideas.

She was first introduced to the paranormal world through her Grandmother and her haunting bedtime stories. Blue then found the Grimm’s Faery Tales, and fell in love with spinning wild stories about the evil characters that everyone hated, giving them their own past and history to be told. Blue is a total fan girl when it comes to anything Wonder Woman. She collects Living Dead Dolls, rubber duckies, Sugar Skulls, stuffed animals and tarot cards which she is an adept reader of.

Blue currently resides in the paranormal hub of the South with her husband, who feeds her gourmet coffee and cupcake addiction.

Blue Remy is a member of The Paranormal Romance Guild.


Follow Blue Remy here:
Blog  |  Facebook  |  Goodreads  |  Twitter  |  Website 

 

2 comments:

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D