CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Dark Flight Book Tour - Interview with Cassi Carver, author of Dark Flight (The Shadow Slayers #3)






Author: Cassi Carver
Series: The Shadow Slayers 
Number in Series: 3
Cover Artist: Angela Water
Release Date: May 21, 2013
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Genre: Urban Fantasy/Paranormal Romance
Presented by: Bewitching Book Tours


Synopsis from Cassi Carver

"In a world of shadows, a pure heart can be the most dangerous weapon of all. "

"The Shadow Slayers, Book 3"

Kara has been training for months to help take down Brakken-the merciless black-wing who is making life hell for the Demiare. But when Julian discovers a scout has been tracking Kara, he wants her out of the fight-even if it means breaking her heart in the process.

Gavin isn't much better. He's already lost so much to Brakken and has no intention of allowing the woman he loves to be the next sacrifice. He and Julian have their hands full trying to fight Brakken's army and keep Kara safe, especially after her recent visit to the mythical white-wings. Since her return, she's been acting decidedly...strange.

With a terrible battle looming, Kara doesn't have time to think about her conflicted feelings for Gavin and Julian-or the fact that she's developed an unnatural taste for Gavin's blood. But if she thought it was complicated evading mysterious scouts and fending off vicious black-wings, she's learning that's nothing compared to loving two strong-willed men.

Warning: This book contains angels that aren't what they seem, a heroine with mad midwifery skills, and a metamorphosis that will change life as we knew it.

Buy here:


********************************************* 
 

OBVB: Welcome to Offbeat Vagabond, Cassi! To get things started, can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
CC: Hi! And thank you for having me! I grew up in San Diego, California. I’m a mother of four great kids. I love animals, getting out in nature, going on cool dates with my husband, reading great books, and writing!



OBVB: When did you catch the writer bug?
CC:I started writing stories when I was young. Choose Your Own Adventure books, actually. I thought they were totally awesome. My parents pretended they thought so too. Writing is hard in elementary school, though, so those adventures were pretty darn short. LOL



OBVB: What first attracted you Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance?
CC: I’d been reading regency romance for years and I’d never tried anything else. My first paranormal romance blew my mind, and when I learned you could actually follow the same heroine through her journey over the course of several books in urban fantasy—I was hooked!


Goodreads
OBVB: Like me, you seem to be a UF/PNR nut. What authors have influenced you? Who is on your nightstand right now?


CC: Patricia Briggs was one of the early PNR authors I tried and at some point after that, I discovered Kim Harrison. I think Kim Harrison’s writing had the greatest impact on my writing, simply because that was the first time I’d ever read a book and tried to figure out how the author crafted it. I’m really enjoying Stacia Kane and Lisa Kessler right now.



OBVB: Dark Flight is the most recent release of your Shadow Slayers series, right? Can you tell us what the book is about?


CC: Yes! Dark Flight is the 3rd full-length novel in The Shadow Slayers series. There is also a novella, book 2.5. Dark Flight comes at a point in the heroine’s life when people she loves are being bullied by a really evil black-wing from the Shadowland, and Kara decides she’s going to help bring him down. Unfortunately, he’s way stronger than Kara and her cohorts, so it’s not going to be as easy as she was hoping. Also, the love triangle Kara’s been dealing with is coming to a head, and it going to be resolved by the end of this book.

OBVB: What was the most challenging thing you had to face when writing your book?
 
CC: I’m a plotter, but at one point early on, I got stuck on a major plot point and the story stalled. I had to figure out what was wrong so I could keep going. I realized it needed to end differently than I’d planned, and when I figured that out, Dark Flight ended up being the easiest book I’ve ever written!


OBVB: How did you celebrate when your work was published?


CC: Well, when a book is finished, I first celebrate by sleeping!(Fun, huh?) When I write on deadline, I tend to lose hours and hours of sleep while pounding away at the keys. After a celebratory e-mail to my writer friends, I usually pass out, then wake up the next morning ready to start again!


*Credit to Muscle and Fitness*
OBVB: Do you have any muses for your characters?


CC: My characters aren’t really based on anyone outside my imagination. Not even pictures or TV characters. But who do I find inspirational? Alcide on TrueBlood! *Cassi fans self* I’d love to write a character based on his photo!


OBVB: Were there any characters more challenging to write than others? Do you have a favorite?


CC: In Dark Flight, Brakken, the villain was really difficult to write because he’s so very sick and twisted. He takes me to places I’d rather not go, but I have to do what’s right for the story, and that means getting inside his head.

OBVB: If you could be any supernatural creature, what would it be and why?


CC: I’d definitely be one of the silver-wings from The Shadow Slayers world. They can fly and flash, they have unique powers, they’re super strong and they live forever. Score!!


Goodreads
OBVB: I read that if you were to save the world, you would make sure you had your sexy boots available. If you could be any badass heroine, who would it be and why (from books, tv, etc.)?


CC: I would be Rachel Morgan from Kim Harrison’s urban fantasy series! Rachel is one of the only female demons in existence and she’s uber powerful. It’s fun because she’s still discovering what she’s capable of. I wouldn’t want to be Stacia Kane’s Chess Putnam, because she struggles with drug addiction and spends much of her life depressed. That being said, it’s an amazing series and I would love to spend some time in the Downside Ghosts world. (Maybe with Chess’s boyfriend, Terrible?) LOL


OBVB: If you can write any book outside your genre, what would it be and why?


CC: I do write outside of paranormal romance and urban fantasy. I have a novella coming out next year entitled “If You Need Me,” which is the first in a series. I had so much fun writing that book! It really recharges my writing batteries to be able to switch from contemporary to paranormal. They are so different that I’m able to look at new projects with fresh eyes.

OBVB: Is there anything you must have or do when you are writing? 
*Credit to Pitch*


CC: Chapstick and Diet Dr Pepper. Why even bother trying to write without those? Cheesecake would be good too, but it wouldn’t last in my house long. LOL





OBVB: Last but not least, are there any other projects you are working on? Any updates on the sequel?


CC: Dark Flight is the most recent release, but the next will probably be the contemporary novella, If You Need Me. I have several other projects in the works, though, including the first two books in a new paranormal romance series. I LOVE being a writer in this day and age. Really, the sky is the limit in terms of where our imagination can take us, and there are so many more publishing options out there now. I’m just enjoying indulging my inner writer and letting her write what speaks to her!

OBVB: Thank you so much for visiting Offbeat Vagabond, Cassi. Hope to have you here again.


CC: Thank you so much for visiting with me today! Happy Reading!


*********************************************

About Cassi Carver

Cassi Carver lives in sunny Southern California with two dogs, four kids, five chickens, and one hubby who gives great massages. She gets to San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter for research (okay, happy hour) as often as possible. She’s never saved the world, but she keeps sexy boots on hand just in case the opportunity arises.

When Cassi isn’t busy plotting or writing, she enjoys reading, spending time with family and friends, caring for pets, getting outdoors, and watching sappy movies that deliver reliably happy endings.

Follow Cassi Carver here:
Facebook  |  Goodreads  |  Twitter  |  Website 


*********************************************


Tour Schedule


May 15 Guest blog
Urban Fantasy Investigations

May 16 Guest blog
Bookin It Reviews

May 16 Spotlight
Kristy Centeno

May 17 Guest blog
Booked & Loaded 
May 17 Spotlight
Demons do it Better

May 20 Guest blog 
Ramblings From A Chaotic Mind – 

May 21 Guest blog
Regina May Ross's

May 21 Spotlight

May 23 Guest blog
Butterfly-o-Meter Books
May 23 Spotlight
Share My Destiny

May 24 Interview
Books & Other Spells. 

May 24 review
Gimme The Scoop Reviews
May 27 Spotlight and review
Jessica Loves Books
May 28 Guest blog
Erotica For All, 

May 28 Spotlight and review
Readaholic's Reviews 

May 29 Interview
All I Want and More – 

May 29 Spotlight
Paranormal Romance and Beyond 

May 30 Interview
Love in a Book
May 30 Spotlight
The LUV'NV

June 3 Guest blog
A Bibliophiles Thoughts on Books

June 3 review epub
Musings & Ramblings – 
June 4 Spotlight
Romancing Rakes For The Love of Romance
June 5 Spotlight
Fae Books 
June 5 review
Welcome to Larissa's Life – 
June 6 Guest blog
Simply Infatuated

June 7 Spotlight and review
Faerie Tale Books

June 10 Interview
I know that Book

June 10 Spotlight
Bookgirl Knitting 

June 11 Interview and spotlight
JeanzBookReadNReview              

June 12 Guest blog
Ramblings From This Chick

June 13 Spotlight
Bianca2b
June 14 Guest blog
Spiced Latte Reads
June 14 review
Cloey's Book Reviews and Other Stuff

June 15 Interview (review Later)
Offbeat Vagabond

June 15 review
Musings of Mistress of the Dark Path

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having me today! Those pics you put with the post were PERFECT! Can I have that one of Joe M in poster size, please?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out Cassi!!! :)

    Congratulations on the new release!!!

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D