CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Friday, June 14, 2013

Finding Esta Blog Tour - Review: Finding Esta (The Supes Series #1) by Shah Wharton

Click HERE for more

Author: Shah Wharton
Series: Supes Series
Number in Series: 1
Format: ePub
Release Date: December 19, 2012
Pages: 371
Publisher: WordsInSync Publications
Genre: New Adult/Paranormal/Urban Fantasy












Buy here:


Synopsis from Goodreads 
 
As an empath, Luna yearns for love and acceptance, for an end to her chronic isolation. Unable to touch, she settles for the lover’s caress of a stranger who visits her dreams, and her only friends in the world are Shadows – spirits who reside within in her fragile mind, seeking refuge from the Shadow Lands.

Always desperate to earn parental respect, and to solve a twenty-year-old child abduction case, she travels to Cornwall to Esta’s family home, situated on an abandoned cul-de-sac. Searching for clues to her tragic fate, she finds much more than she bargained for. A whole new reality is revealed, one where her accursed abnormalities are clarified, but her only friends vanish.

More alone than ever and desperate for answers, Luna struggles to retain a sense of identity, and the light grip on reality she's been used to.

Will she find Esta, and if so, will she live to tell her story? More terrifyingly, who will care enough to listen, and who will ever care enough about Luna?
 
*********************************************
 
      Finding Esta is a story that follows a young woman named Luna. She is an empath who tries her best not to get into contact with people. The only friends she has are dead and one resides in her head. They are ghosts, well Shadows. The one in her head named Flo uses her as a host. Luna is a journalist and hears about a cold case that would make a great story for the newspaper. Luna may be familiar with the Shadows, but her discovery reveals there is much more out there.

      Stop and just take a second a stare at that cover. How gorgeous is that? That was the first thing that caught my attention (well, duh) then I read the summary and I was dying for even more. Boy was this book a treat. Our main character Luna is a very sheltered girl. Her ability as an empath and her allergy to the sun has made her quite the outcast. It has also sent her to the psych ward due to her insane parents. When I say insane, I truly mean insane and evil as hell. I could not believe just how vile they are. I could stay here all day and talk about how much I hate them, but there are other things to talk about. Like Flo, Luna's ghost friend. I loved her. She didn't hold anything back and was a true best friend.

      We learn that Luna is a Shadow host. She helps Shadows stay out of the Shadow Land where spirits stay after they have died if they have unfinished business. Along with that, she is an empath is is able to feel other people's emotions very easily especially when she touches something. Her empathy really kicks in when she senses she is being stalked but a very strange man and worse, it seems she is getting attracted to him. She thinks she is stupid for doing so, but he seems to be constantly helping her. She doesn't know why though.

      Wharton is some major new talent. I love her writing style. I was hooked from page one with this book. The way this story is paced is amazing and the plot is incredible. I love how complex this story is. Luna decides to take the plunge and actually leave her town to investigate this 20-year-old case. I love where this book goes. I had no idea where the hell Wharton was taking this story, but I love the twist. It is quite brilliant. To say you will be entertained is an understatement. I loved this story.

      I am trying hard not to spoil, but this is a must read. You will love Luna. You instantly feel her pain and connect with her. You will love these characters and the story. This is such an original read and I loved every minute of it. This is one of my favorite reads this year so far. If you are looking for an innovative New Adult read, look no further.
 
 
Rating:
    
 
 
 
 


*********************************************
 
About Shah Wharton
 


For a full biography including, what I offer readers and writers on my blog, go here - http://shahwharton.com/about

In short, I love to read and to write. I enjoy lurking within the creepy folds of my imagination, and exploring the imaginary worlds of others. Movies and theatre are also hugely enjoyable for this reason.

We also have a pup called Bobby - A big, bounding German Shepherd who is going to grow to an enormous stature - his paws are almost as big as my husbands hands!. After only a few months, he has filled our lives with furry fun-times, and blossomed in our hearts.

My husband and I also enjoy travel, visiting our family in UK because we live in Dubai for his work, and damn good food. Oh, and I can't forget my love for exceptional tea, coffee and wine. :D

Get in touch with any queries using my contact page on my blog, if you don't already have my email address.
 
 
Follow Shah Wharton here:
Facebook  |  Goodreads  |  Google+  |  LinkedIn  |  Pinterest  |  Twitter  |  Website 
 
 
*********************************************
 
Tour Schedule
 
June 10
promo on www.sizzlingscoop.com and interview in Sizzling Scoop magazine

June 10Crazy Four Books
http://crazyfourbooks.blogspot.com

June 10 Urban Fantasy Reviews
www.ufreviews.com

June 11
Paranormal Book Club
www.paranormal-bookclub.com

June 12Books, Books, and More Books
http://dream-reader-dreamer2229.blogspot.com/

June 13
On the Broomstick
http://onthebroomstick.blogspot.com


  


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thanks so much for an excellent review :D Sorry I never came by earlier; I had no idea you reviewed Finding Esta for me (confusion with missing emails). Any chance you could pop this brilliant review up on Amazon / Goodreads for me? That would be so awesome if you have time. :D X

    ReplyDelete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D