CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Book Review: Take Me Now (Take Me Now #1) by Faith Sullivan

Author: Faith Sullivan
Series: Take Me Now
Number in Series: 1
Format: ePub 
Release Date: July 16, 2013
Pages: 180
Publisher: Self-published
Genre: Contemporary Romance/New Adult















Buy here:
Synopsis from Goodreads
How do you survive the internship from hell?

Don't fall in love.

Ivy thought being a reporter-in-training at the Independent Gazette would be her dream summer job. Little did she know, interviewing Eric, a landscaper with a heart of gold, would derail her plans. It turns out Ivy's boss, Lauren, has been eying his chiseled physique for quite some time.

But at twenty-four, Eric already has a tragic past, one that he is still reeling from. Even though his ordeal turned him into some sort of local celebrity, it's been a while since he's shared his bed with anyone. When he comes to Ivy's rescue out of the blue, it's not long before the two of them start seeing each other behind Lauren's back. When they get caught, Ivy's journey toward a college degree is jeopardized and her relationship with Eric is severely put to the test.

Career versus love? In the end, a shocking turn of events provides Ivy with a revelation she never saw coming.
*********************************************
     Take Me Now is a New Adult Romance that follows a young woman named Ivy. Ivy wants to become a journalist and has landed a summer job at a local newspaper. Ivy is very excited until she meets her boss Lauren, who may be the devil. Lauren sends Ivy on her first job and meets a guy named Eric she can't quite get out of her head. This one meeting is about to change her life completely. There are things at play that her and Eric can't see and may destroy them. 
     I knew I was going to be in for a treat when I started this, but I wish someone warned me of the roller coaster ride this book was going to send me on. Ivy was an intriguing female lead. She is a college student who wants to have a career as a journalist. She will do whatever her boss, Lauren, tells her to so she can move to the main campus. After her run in with a man named Eric, she knows she wants to see more of him. Problem is, her boss Lauren also has the hots for him. Eric can't stand Lauren because he knows she is a parasite. He has lost his wife and unborn child due to cancer. He has become a bit of a hermit after their deaths and can't even see himself with another woman. Lauren wants a story on Eric that he doesn't want to give, but Ivy will do her best to stick to his wishes. Lauren, of course, takes advantage of this.
     I loved Eric. I immediately fell for him and I know a lot of others will as well. His story was very sad. Out of all the characters, he was the only one that had a real backstory. I wish there was more for the other characters, specifically Ivy. I did love them, but I just wanted to know more about them. Lauren was insane. I have seen many horror movies, I love them. But nothing has scared me quite as much as Lauren. She is manipulative and maniacal. Then there is the man Will. Will is someone Ivy has been crazy about since she was elementary school. But it seems like he is always using her, but she knows it. I was a little upset with Ivy with her reaction to Will. I know we girls can lose our minds over a guy, but Will will make you lose your dignity. I wanted to reach in and smack some sense into her. She is a smart and independent woman. But the way Will treats her makes her feel worthless. it was scary to see.
    I loved all that Sullivan put into this short read. In 180 pages, she gave us lies, deceit, drama and much more. I won't spoil this for you, but just know that Lauren is not your average boss. She has her agenda and so does Will. It was very interesting seeing how this played out. I knew something was brewing, but I had no idea. I loved the instant connection between Eric and Ivy. I know some people may not be fans, but I really wanted to see Eric happy after all that has happened to him. I really felt sorry for him. He doesn't feel like he can trust anything after the love of his life has died. There are many moments when he and Ivy get so stubborn about something they saw, they never stop to think if there is more to it. This is especially during a scene between Lauren and Eric. The way Ivy acted drove me nuts. Her and Eric knew Lauren had something up her sleeve, she should have known there was more to it. But then again, given how the other characters in the book treated her, maybe she was justified.
    As much as I liked this, I do have a couple of gripes. As already mentioned, more backstory would be nice. I am head over heels for these characters, but I would just like to know more. There were times when we got information that was a bit of news to me that I wish I knew earlier. For instance, the character of Ryan, Lauren's stepbrother. Now segueing into my next issue, Ryan. There is a scene in this book that I couldn't believe. I never would have thought it would happen. But what happened afterward had me even more confused. What Ivy does after the incident made no sense to me. Where is the outrage? Where is the fight? I mean, do something. I mean, I understand about his age, but that doesn't mean he should get off. He does get his just desserts from Eric (sort of), but he doesn't know the full extent of everything yet though.        

     I really enjoyed this book. It had me reeling and screaming at it one moment and smiling in the next. Eric was fantastic. I loved his passion and sensitivity. This does raise one big problem near the end of the book (man that was an intense scene), but I loved him. I am dying for more of this world Sullivan has given us. I just know there is more. This book is just to get your feet wet, so you won't get absolutely everything. If you want a quick read with one hell of a story, this is the perfect choice.




*********************************************
About Faith Sullivan

I really hate talking about myself. My goal is to have the shortest author bio imaginable. I would much rather have a conversation with my readers.
Are you able to escape within my pages?
Does my writing make you feel something?
Are there characters that you can't get out of your head?

Let me know!

Email me at faithsullivanwrites [at] hotmail [dot] com or on Twitter at @_FaithSullivan_

Follow Faith Sullivan here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D