CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Reflection Blog Tour - Book Review: Reflection (The Chrysalis Series #2) by Elene Sallinger

Author: Elene Sallinger
Series: The Chrysalis Series
Number in Series: 2
Format: ARC PDF (Netgalley)
Release Date: May 6, 2014
Pages: 288
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Genre: BDSM/Contemporary Romance/Erotic Romance













Buy here:
 
 
Synopsis from Goodreads 
 
The much anticipated follow up to the award-winning 'Awakening' - a compelling novel of discovery and desire. Bridget Ross is a woman with a shameful secret. Despite a life full of success and close friends she denies herself her true desires in penance for the crimes she can't take back. Connor Reynolds is a man without a purpose. His own tragic past prevents him from putting down roots and pursuing his dreams. Their paths collide forcing them to face the ultimate question ... is their love worth fighting for?
 
*********************************************

     When I saw there was a sequel to the Awakening, I squealed. I loved the Awakening so much. I was so excited because this was Bridget's story. Bridget became Claire's best friend quickly in the first book and helped her so much. I loved her a lot. From the get go we see that Bridget has some demons that haunt her every waking moment it seems. While running and being distracted again by her demons, Bridget literally runs into a man named Connor and his dog, Lotus. Bridget is immediately taken aback because he startled her and she hates that she is attracted to him. She hasn't been attracted to a man in a long time. She hates the way she treated Connor and she wants to apologize to him. But things soon heat up between them, unfortunately though, the baggage between them may be too much for both of them.
      I loved this book. I knew Bridget would be a favorite and she was. I loved her strong personality in the first book. She never seemed to shy away from much and always spoke her mind. But we learn that there is plenty she is hiding. Bridget has a dark past that won't let go and ruins all her relationships. She doesn't feel like the strong woman she lets people believe she is. Connor can see that though. He knows she is amazing and it is time for her to notice that too. I loved Connor. He was such a great guy who had a lot of patience where Bridget was concerned. He knew things weren't going to be easy though. Bridget, however, doesn't know whether to let he guard down yet with Connor. She hopes he is not like the other guys she has been with. But she doesn't know yet.

      I loved the storytelling in this book and the character develpment. When I was done, I felt like I made new friends. The characters were so well fleshed out. I was rooting for Bridget to break down her walls because her and Connor were perfect for each other. I loved the other story with one of Bridget's students, Skylar. Oh, the hell this girl had to deal with. She had to deal with quite the villain in this book. The dean, Dale, of the college where Skylar is a student and Bridget teaches, is pretty much run by Dale. He is filthy rich and gets away with anything since he is so "generous" to the school. It is rumored he has had a few inappropiate relationships with the students, but no one says or does anything. Skylar, however, is more than frightened because of her situation with him and Bridget finds that Dale plabs to put her in a similiar situation as well. Dale is a master manipulator and holds things over their heads because he knows he can pull the strings to get it done. They have to think fast on how they can take him down without ruining their careers and without letting Connor know. I wanted to yell at the top of my lungs when she kept that from Connor, but again, this was Bridget. We know Connor is perfect, but she just couldn't admit it yet. She was still behind that wall.


    I knew this was going to be one smoldering book given how insanely sexy the first one was. This was just as sexy. Connor was mouthwatering and charming as hell. I could clone him. I was rooting for him to get Bridget to break down her walls. I understand her situation, but he was right in a lot of his estimations I think. She hid so much of herself because of her past experience, she pushes everyone aside. It was amazing given that Connor is younger than Bridget, but there were things he understood better than her. She didn't just want him, she needed him. He laid things on the line for her when no one else had. That is definitely something that she needed to help her become the woman she was meant to be. I loved this book so much. It goes from being sexy, cute, funny, scary, terrifying, sad, exhilarating, and back to sexy again. It really takes you through the roller coaster, but you love it all the more in the end. I loved seeing Bridget and Connor go through this journey. I am excited to see who is next. I hope we get something with Bridget's friends, Victor. I really liked him and he seems to have a story to tell. I loved all of her friends and the bond she created with Skylar who I hope we see more of. That girl deserves a happy ending. Highly recommended if you want a sexy read that packs an emotional punch.

 

Rating:




*********************************************

Check out my 5 star review for book 1:


*********************************************

About Elene Sallinger

Hailing from Washington, DC, Elene Sallinger first caught the writing bug in 2004 after writing and illustrating several stories for her then four-year-old daughter. Her writing career has encompassed two award-winning children’s stories, a stint as a consumer-education advocate, as well as writing her debut novel, Awakening – a novel of erotic fiction that won the New Writing Competition at the Festival of Romance 2011.

She is a lover of all things lingual, a warrior of words, and a vixen of vocabulary. Her goal is to titillate, provoke, empower and move you with her work which ranges from the erotic to the dramatic and everything in between.

When not writing, Elene is a mom to a feisty 13-year old daughter and two adorable Pitbulls.

Connect with Elene Sallinger:
Blog  |  Facebook  |  Goodreads  |  Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D