CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Beyond the Seduction Blog Tour - ARC Review + Guest Post: Beyond the Seduction (Reluctance #3) by M. A. Stacie


Author: M. A. Stacie
Series: Reluctance
Number in Series: 3
Format: ARC PDF (Netgalley)
Expected Release Date: April 23, 2015
Pages: 202
Publisher: TWCS Publishing House
Genre: Contemporary Romance/Erotic Romance 


Buy here:


Synopsis from M. A. Stacie
For a man who thought he had everything, Trace Jacks sure had nothing now.
After one letter blows his life apart, Trace is clueless how he can move on. He stumbles through the days, never accepting the grief that flows within him, and finding it easier to bury his loss. Hiding becomes a lot easier after he takes his niece to her dance class, striking up an interesting conversation with her teacher.

Shae Bennett is happy to keep things fun, enjoying Trace’s seduction and his spontaneity. With him she can forget about her concerns for her mom and stress of running the dance studio. With him she can be herself, and it is all-consuming.

When the fun beings to slip, when reality starts to encroach in the worst way, their relationship unravels at an alarming speed, leaving Trace and Shae battling for a way back to one another.

*********************************************

GUEST POST

 
You've written The Reluctance Series, 3 books that are stand-alone but still linked through the Reece family. What challenges / experiences did you have with the continuity of the characters? Were there any concerns with repetition? How did you deal with this / overcome this? 
 
When I started Beneath the Surface, I'll be honest and say it was never meant to be a part of a series. However, when Id finished I found I couldnt let go of Taylor. I needed to give him a happy ending and to make everything better in his world. Thats when I started to expand and plot. I contacted my editor to see what she thoughtand thats when it all snowballed. I truly cant remember when Trace (book 3) came into the discussion.

 
I ended up with a wall in my dining room filled with post-it notes. They detailed each character and who they were related to, where they lived. I even had pictures that Id printed off of the people who I thought the characters would resemble. It then gave all the information about them as a character, anything that I would need for future reference, and anything that would stop me having to wade through hundreds of words just to find out a small detail.
 
 
I did find myself constantly going back to was eye colour. I would keep checking what the characters eye colour was, and thankfully my notes were sufficient, otherwise that could have took me some time!
 
 
The one thing I tried to do when I was plotting the three out as to make sure the men were different. Although I found Kyran Reeses dominance appealing and loved Dales witty comebacks to him, I knew I couldnt do that again in the second book. It helped that Id already laid a foundation for Taylor in book 1, so he had a basis to start with. Trace was a sort of anomaly though. We dont really see deep into his character in book 1 so that took some thinking. I wanted to try writing a book where the black scenecomes at the start instead of close to the end, and thats why I chose for poor Trace to get that terrible news in chapter 1. It helped me evolve his character too.
 
 
I found keeping track of the other characters harder than the main ones. As its only when you start collating all the names and information that you realise how many there are in the books. Its amazing how much information I held for a character that I only wrote a few lines about.
 
 
*********************************************
 
     Beyond the Seduction is book 3 in the Reluctance series. I am quite a big fan of this series. Each book is always worth waiting for and this book is no different. In this third installment we follow Trace Jacks. Trace was a character from book 1. He is Dale's brother we meet very briefly. Trace has just been hit with some devastating news. But before he can figure out how to handle it, he gets a visit form Dale and his niece, Ella. Ella is taking ballet lessons and wants he uncle to come and watch her. Trace is not up to it, but can't deny his adorable niece. When they arrive, however, Trace can't help but take notice of Ella's dance instructor, Shae. Given Trace's mood though, they get off to a rough start. But that doesn't mean they don't realize the tension between them.
 
     I really enjoyed this addition to the series. I love that we get to know more about Dale's brother. You instantly feel a connection to him from the get go when he gets the bad news. His life is flipped upside because of one letter. I loved that even though he was heartbroken, he wasn't mopping throughout the whole book. He has quite the sense of humor. I just couldn't wait to hear what he would say next especially when it was funny and a bit naughty. Trace was mouthwatering, no doubt about it.  Shae had her own share of demons as well. In the beginning, things were great, but you start seeing glimpses of something wrong. Shae and her mother are very close. They both share a love for dancing and even own a studio together, But when they talked, you sense something is wrong, but you don't know what. I loved that Shae could keep up with Trace. Trace had such an interesting way with words and she never missed a beat. I really enjoyed the dialogue between them. Both Trace and Shae's lives, however, are slowing ripping apart at the seams. They want an escape and they decide to use each other for it.
 
    What was supposed to be a single and super sexy interaction became something more. Sadly, a lot of things got in the way that made it to hard for them to cope with. I love the emotions Stacie brings out of you with her books. You really do feel what the characters are feeling because everything is something you can relate to. I mean you can see this happening to someone you know. It is amazing to see how and if they can in fact save each other. They have chemistry and that is all they believe it is. But you see how far they are willing to go for each other and I really enjoyed.
 
     I am so close to spoiling this one because Trace and Shae are dealing with some very difficult subjects that are hard to talk about. But it is worth the read to fine. Stacie's books never disappoint. They have a way of drawing you in and putting yourself in the shoes of the characters. I love that this could be read as a standalone. Even though I have read all the books so far, for anyone new to the series, they could jump right in if they would like. But I do hope there are more characters from the series we can get a story for. I personally would like one for Drum. You had me at tattoos and piercings, what can I say? Highly recommended if you want a pageturner that is emotional and sexy.
 
Rating:
     
 
 
 
*********************************************
 
About M. A. Stacie

M. A. Stacie is never without a book or her eReader. A voracious reader, with a love of sexy, yet angst ridden novels, she loves getting lost in new worlds. Her need to write did not grip her until after her second son was born, when her previous rambles became fully fledged stories.

She describes herself as one huge contradiction, and though not the most conventional of hobbies, she counts getting new tattoos as one of hers. Along with running, knitting, and listening to loud music. However, she is yet to work out how to do them all at the same time.

M. A. Stacie lives in the UK with her husband and three sons.


Follow M. A. Stacie here:
Facebook  |  Goodreads  |  Twitter  |  Website
 
 
*********************************************

1 comment:

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D